Sum custom fields (e.g. total values from input values from 2 other fields)

Ross Dammann September 13, 2017

Is there a way to aggregate the values from 2 other fields into a new field?

Custom Field1 = $100

Custom Field2 = $200

Custom Field Total = Sum of Custom Field1 and CustomerField2

Custom Field Total would be an autocalculated field. 

How can this be accomplished? Script Runner, Java, Add-on......

2 answers

0 votes
Ernesto Donate September 21, 2017

Hi Ed,

Is there a way to do this with JIRA Core Cloud? It looks like the plug in you mentioned is available for server but not cloud. Ideally, I would like to be able to do calculations like the ones Ross mentioned without purchasing an add on. Thank You

0 votes
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2017

yes, you can use Script Runner or the calculated text/number field (add custom field --> advanced) to populate a summed value to another custom field (i.e. Custom Field Total)

Ross Dammann September 16, 2017

Thanks Ed. I don't see that specific custom field "Calculated text/number field" in my list of available fields from add custom field --> advanced. 

Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2017

Sorry about that Ross.  I should have clarified that the calculated text or numeric field is a part of the JIRA Misc Custom Fields plugin (free from Innovalog).  Once you have that option, you would put the sum formula in the description of the field.

Suggest an answer