Subtasks not coming through my board filter

John Schwab February 1, 2017

I have stories created on a board that are brought into another board by using the Escalated field. The stories come through fine. But when a subtask is created on the new board, the subtask is not inheriting the "Escalated" field value, and thus not showing up. Does anyone have a solution to this? Escalated is a custom field

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Schwab February 2, 2017

The problem was that the sub-tasks were getting created with a status that was precluded from the board. I fixed it by changing the Sub-task workflow so they get created with a status that makes them show up on the current board. Thanks for the idea!

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

Glad I could point you somewhat in the right direction! :o)

1 vote
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Do you have access to any scripting add-on? I think you would need to add a post-function to the 'Create' transition for your sub-tasks to copy the Escalated value from the parent.

Suggest an answer