Subtask-to-Parent Comments in Jira Cloud

Jacek Piórkowski June 5, 2016

Hello everyone:)

My team asked me for solution described here. Unfortunatelly, every answer is from 2012. What is more, we are using JIRA Cloud.

According to my JIRA Admin, it is not possible to overwrite code in JIRA Cloud in way which is described in @Henning Tietgens's comment.

Is there any possibility to apply solution like this on JIRA Cloud?

Best regards,
Jacek

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2016

Not a nice thing to do, duplicate information like that, so there's nothing available off-the-shelf and you'd have to do it yourself.

Your admin is correct in that you can't put custom code like that on Cloud.

The only think I can think of is some sort of external script that watches the sub-tasks and pokes the parents - running externally and both over REST (it could become far too large a thing to do quite quickly, so I wouldn't recommend it)

I think a better option would be to look at why your users think they want this - it sounds broken to me.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2016

If you need such a thing, then you may better use a checklist for keeping track of tasks done, and keep all comments on a single issue.

Here you are some addons that can help you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events