Subtask inherits it's parents create field validators

Theodore Adams January 21, 2016

I'm creating a subtask issue type and when I try to create one of the subtasks the create issue screen is requiring fields that are required in the create step of the parent issue.  My issue is that I don't need that information in the subtask and would like to not have to either require the user to enter it or auto-populate it.  The subtask is using a different workflow that does not require these fields.  Is this possible to fix or a bug?  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

Check the "field configuration" as well.  I suspect you've set the fields as mandatory in there and then used the same field configuration for parent and sub-tasks.

Theodore Adams January 21, 2016

That was exactly it.  Sometimes I think there are too many schemes to configure in JIra, though I need them all.  Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

smile The price of flexibility is often complexity of admin.  I've been using JIRA since version 2 (and inherited version 1), and I still get confused by it sometimes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events