Subtask Story Points

Tamir Lkhagvaa July 25, 2016

I have set up my tasks with lots of sub tasks for the purpose of easy work process. THe hierarchy of my issues are. Epic - Task - Subtask ----- Although I uploaded my story points on each and every subtasks which totals up to parent task's story points when I set up my SCRUM board the completion of subtask is not being reflected on the burn down charts report. What needs to be done to get this resolved ? Please help...

2 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

Sub-task's story points will not show up in the Burndown chart because of reasons on how JIRA Agile supports Agile implementation and it enforces certain good practices which include using story points for story type and not for sub-task.

Please read the answers here - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/216148

0 votes
Carol Jones September 22, 2016

You mentioned:

"Although I uploaded my story points on each and every subtasks which totals up to parent task's story points when I set up my SCRUM board the completion of subtask is not being reflected on the burn down charts report."

Is this a manual process of manually adding up all the points on the associated subtasks and manually entering that number into the Story?  Or is this being done in an automated fashion?

We'd like to implement this functionality but from other posts, it doesn't look like a capability so hoping you can share how your team is currently completing this?

Thanks!!

Suggest an answer