Subscriptions are no longer sending detailed results (Jira Core - Cloud)

Sean Duvall February 1, 2018

I set up a subscription so that a group of users would receive an email; it showed a list of unresolved issues.  The email contained a table of the issues, and it showed all the fields that were associated with that filter.

Within the past week, something changed.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll show you the difference.

(1) Here's what the email used to look like:  https://imgur.com/iszpOg0

(2) Here's what the email looks like now:  https://imgur.com/k5a69nh

I want the subscription emails to look like the example from #1, not from #2.  How can I fix this?

Edit:  I want to note that this was working on Jan 24th.  On Jan 26th, the issue started appearing.  I mention that, in case there was some update that happened during that time that changed this functionality.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sean Duvall October 1, 2018

For future reference, for anyone whom happens to stumble across this post:

Here's how you can fix it:

1. Log in as an administrator.
  2. Go to the JIRA administration screen, under "System" > "Default User Preferences"
  3. Change the "Default outgoing email format" to HTML.
  4. Now please note that these are only the default settings.  Each user can over-ride these settings.  Each user can over-ride these settings, under their own profile menu.
1 vote
Bruce Caldwell October 1, 2018

This issue just started happen for me also.   Did you find a solution?

Sean Duvall October 1, 2018

Yes I did!  It was thanks to Atlassian customer support.

Here's how you can fix it:

1. Log in as an administrator.
  2. Go to the JIRA administration screen, under "System" > "Default User Preferences"
  3. Change the "Default outgoing email format" to HTML.
  4. Now please note that these are only the default settings.  Each user can over-ride these settings.  Each user can over-ride these settings, under their own profile menu.
Bruce Caldwell October 1, 2018

thank you so much.

0 votes
Deleted user February 2, 2018

Check your filter - right hand corner just above the "Columns" dropdown there is a dropdown button for Views. It may be that it has been switched to Detail instead of List.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 10.01.57 AM.png

Sean Duvall February 5, 2018

This only changes how the filter is viewed within JIRA itself.  The email that is sent out with the subscription remains unchanged.

Suggest an answer