Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Subscriptions are no longer sending detailed results (Jira Core - Cloud) Edited

I set up a subscription so that a group of users would receive an email; it showed a list of unresolved issues.  The email contained a table of the issues, and it showed all the fields that were associated with that filter.

Within the past week, something changed.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll show you the difference.

(1) Here's what the email used to look like:  https://imgur.com/iszpOg0

(2) Here's what the email looks like now:  https://imgur.com/k5a69nh

I want the subscription emails to look like the example from #1, not from #2.  How can I fix this?

Edit:  I want to note that this was working on Jan 24th.  On Jan 26th, the issue started appearing.  I mention that, in case there was some update that happened during that time that changed this functionality.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

For future reference, for anyone whom happens to stumble across this post:

Here's how you can fix it:

1. Log in as an administrator.
  2. Go to the JIRA administration screen, under "System" > "Default User Preferences"
  3. Change the "Default outgoing email format" to HTML.
  4. Now please note that these are only the default settings.  Each user can over-ride these settings.  Each user can over-ride these settings, under their own profile menu.

This issue just started happen for me also.   Did you find a solution?

Yes I did!  It was thanks to Atlassian customer support.

Here's how you can fix it:

1. Log in as an administrator.
  2. Go to the JIRA administration screen, under "System" > "Default User Preferences"
  3. Change the "Default outgoing email format" to HTML.
  4. Now please note that these are only the default settings.  Each user can over-ride these settings.  Each user can over-ride these settings, under their own profile menu.

thank you so much.

Check your filter - right hand corner just above the "Columns" dropdown there is a dropdown button for Views. It may be that it has been switched to Detail instead of List.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 10.01.57 AM.png

This only changes how the filter is viewed within JIRA itself.  The email that is sent out with the subscription remains unchanged.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,888 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you