Subscription link leads to bogus filter

Phil Alberg February 9, 2016

We have a filter to which users subscribe, and this results in a weekly email message to the users.  The report included in the email is fine.  However, when users click on the link at the top of the report, they are brought into JIRA, but the resultant filter is erroneous.  The PROJECT name is replaced with a numbered reference, which results in the error:

A value with ID '11518' does not exist for the field 'project'.

Not able to sort using field 'priority'.

The desired filter is: project = GHERR AND status in (open, Resolved) ORDER BY priority, created

Note that I am the owner of the filter, and the link behaves correctly for me.  All other users who receive the email get the error when navigating to the filter link. 

What must I do to make this filter link (embedded within the subscription email message) work for all users?

TIA

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

Make sure that those users who are complaining about this issue have the correct permission to view the issues in your project. Check the "Browse Project" permission and check if they are in the correct role/groups.

Phil Alberg February 9, 2016

Members of the Users role have the Browse Project permission.  All users are in this role.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

Are they logged-in in JIRA when they check the filter? Do you have any other JIRA Issue Security in place?

Phil Alberg February 11, 2016

AHA!  That's it!  The user in question was not logged into JIRA, whereas I was.  To verify, I logged out of JIRA, entered the link from the email message, and duplicated the error message.

Thank you!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

Aha! Glad to have helped smile

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2016

11518 is most probably the project id. you can also use project ids instead of project key in JQL. It is sometimes automatically done by JIRA to hide project names from unauthorized users. Ask people to enter JQL manually and check whether the results are correctly shown or not. If they still don't see the issues, than there is a problem with security. Please check whether the user has correct permission using "Permission Helper" it will explain why they do not see it. Also check the JIRA URL is correct and you are not redirected to another JIRA instance.

image2016-2-10 9:1:31.png

Phil Alberg February 11, 2016

Yes, 11518 is the project ID, and I verified that either this or the project name will work in this filter.  The problem is that the user was not logged into JIRA prior to clicking on the link in the email message.

Thank you for your reply.

Suggest an answer