Subscribed filter deleted

Neeta Dubey October 31, 2016

Hi,

By mistake i deleted a filter which was subscribed by a user. This user is still getting notification for the same. When i try to edit the subscription it gives the error message. How should i fix the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

You could restore deleted filter from back-up. Import it on test JIRA instance and get deleted filter. Then create new subscription.

Hi Vasiliy,

Thanks for looking into this and your reply however it doesn't sound very simple to me. Could you please let me know how could I restore only the deleted filter from backup and restore. I feel the  filter got deleted 3-4 days ago and user has reported this issue to me today.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

Ok, lets go step-by-step.

Step number 1 - do you have a test instance for JIRA? If no, then you should create it. You could use developer licence for this instance (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-get-a-jira-developer-license-744526918.html)

This test instance will be helpfull in future, so it is reasonable to have it.

Thanks Vaisiliy,

I do have a test instance setup for my JIRA.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2016

Step 2: copy data from back-up.

Find where your JIRA xml baxk-ups are stored. Usually it are store into export subdirectory of JIRA home directiry.

Copy back-up for date you need, for example 1 week ago, to import directory on test instance. Follow this to restore data:https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/restoring-data-from-an-xml-backup-802592998.html

Suggest an answer