Sub Task Due Date

Corinna Führing January 11, 2016

Hello, can I make the Due Date visible in the Overview of the Sub Task of a Task ? This would be really helpful to get a quick overview about the Task generall Status, instead i had to click into every Sub Task to see it.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2016
0 votes
Corinna Führing January 12, 2016

Thanks first question: My field "Due Date" is a system field i think- where could i find ID for it

2: Go to Administration --> General Configuration --> Advanced (button at the bottom of the page) --> jira.table.cols.subtasks.

i can not fullfill this step since i can not find jira.table.cols.subtasks. under advanced....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

What version of JIRA are you on? (the field is called duedate when you find it)

i use 6.3.15 Version........yes but it is not under my custom fields, since it is a System field

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2016

The system fields have different names, like duedate 6.3 definitely has the option under Admin -> General -> Advanced, so I'm not sure what you're getting.

Like Evelyn Mowad likes this

uff sorry i am lost under Admin Advanced i have following links: Indexing/ Attachments/Events/Analystcs/WebHooks/Listeners/Services/Scheme Tools/Jelly Runner/Plugin Data Storage

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2016

Try the search function instead - press g then g again, and type "advanced" into the search box.

Corinna Führing January 13, 2016

yes i was already on this page but on this page i can not find where to go...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2016

Sorry, I got that wrong. Search for "general configuration" and look for the advanced button at the bottom.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2016

(or on the header line, I can't remember the exact layout, admin changes a lot)

Corinna Führing January 14, 2016

yes i found this,,but i do not know where to search exactly under the advances button to find jira.table.cols.subtasks......? what topic does it belong to more or less ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2016

Sorry, what? You can't find a string on a page?

sorry, i studeid sport not informatics, so i am happy to know at least what is a string (-;... but no i c ant find this string on the page systems - general configuration- advanced

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2016

That page is little more than a big pile of property strings. Try ctrl-f in the browser and look for sub

so what you described me is the way to find the ID of a System field ? .......just so we have the same understanding...the id of System field Due Date should be somewhere in the back of Jira....in the Back of the General configuration page ?!

oh i see i can just use the name of the Field,,i do not need it s ID ....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2016

No, I described the way to find the property string you needed to amend.

"duedate" is the key of the "Due Date" field, as I said earlier.  Most of the system fields have ids that are close to their actual English name

Corinna Führing January 15, 2016

ok..so were can we find the jira.table.cols.subtasks. (see screenshot)Advanced.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2016

Yet again.  Admin -> General Configuration -> Advanced

Corinna Führing January 15, 2016

ahhhh ok sorry ,,i was confused always just looking on the advanced field at the botton of this page...now i found button Advanced setting.....it worked...thanks !!! and sorry..!!!

Suggest an answer