Story Quality Add-On for JIRA - Compatibility with JIRA 7.x

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

The header at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.patrikvarga.jira.storyquality/server/overview says 'for JIRA Server 6.0 - 6.4.14', while the latest version Version 1.0.2 Summary says 'Java 7 compatibility'. Is the add-on compatible with Jira server 7.x? Thanks for your feedback.

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user December 4, 2019

@Anne EQS, this is a very late response, but I'm just letting you know that the add-on has been compatible with Jira 7 for quite a while now.

As a bonus, and as of today, it is compatible with Jira 8 too.

See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214160/story-quality-add-on-for-jira

Cheers,

Patrik

0 votes
Deleted user October 18, 2016

Hi Anne,

indeed JIRA 7 is not supported yet. You can expect JIRA 7 compatibility in a next version coming relatively soon, as I am already working on it. However, I cannot give any specific timeline.

Note that the "7" in "Java 7 compatibility" is referring to JRE version, not JIRA version, so it means that the add-on will work in JIRA 6 running on any of JRE 7 or JRE 8 (which explicitly needed changes in 1.0.2, thus the release notes).

Also, as Nic said, the add-on (up to the current version, 1.0.2) will fail in JIRA 7 even if you manage to install it somehow. This is due to incompatible Java API changes from JIRA 6 to JIRA 7.

Regards, Patrik (add-on developer)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

The overview there is what the vendor's current official line is.

So, no, it's not compatible (yet).  You could try installing it, but there's every chance it will fail, and possibly cause damage, so I would not recommend it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events