Story Points mis-match between JIRA and EazyBI

Ryan March 15, 2016

A particular sprint's Velocity Chart Report shows 41 story points committed and 29 story points completed. When I create a report in EazyBI, EazyBI shows 31 story points committed and 26 story points resolved. Can anyone offer some guidance on how I can track down the discrepancy? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

Hi Ryan again,

Measure "Story Points resolved" is not directly related to "Sprint Story points commited" measure. "Story Points resolved" shows the total number of story points of the resolved issues, in the report context. It means, if you have selected a particular project in the report, then SP from the resolved issues of this project will be calculated.

Also, if you have selected Sprint in the report, then SP from the resolved issues which are added to the sprint, will be calculated. If some issue was added to the sprint previously, but now is added to another sprint, then story points from this issue would not be included in the result. 

As, usually, resolved issues are not moved from the sprint, Story points resolved could be used to count resolved story points of the sprint.

To get the number of all planned Sprint Story points (not only on the first day of the sprint), you can combine measures Sprint Story points commited, Sprint Story points added and Sprint story points removed.

P.S. A small correction to my previous answer - "Sprint Story points commited" shows total of SP which are added to the sprint until (not during) the end of the first day of the sprint. 

Ilze / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2019

Since version 4.3.0 eazyBI supports committed story points at the moment when Sprint was started.

We also have additional measures for other Sprint Scope changes.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2016

Hi Ryan,

in eazyBI, "Sprint Story points committed" measure counts all story points (both resolved and unresolved) at the end of the first day of the sprint; if Story points are added or removed later, they are not affecting a number of committed story points. Read here about Agile measures in eazyBI.

You can click on the committed SP value and drill through issues to see a list of issues which were added to the sprint on the first day, and their story points. If there are some issues missing please write to support@eazybi.com for more detailed assistance.

Ilze / support@eazybi.com

Ryan March 23, 2016

Thank you. When I drill through the issue I see exactly as you describe–the issues that were added on the first day of the sprint. 

A couple follow-up questions:

• Is the Story Points Resolved measure based on the same "end of the first day of the sprint" commitment? 
  • Is there a way to add story points committed and resolved for issues added after the end of first day?

Suggest an answer