Story Points Estimation

I have switched our scrum boards from Issue Count to Story Point estimation. I see the estimation field at the top of ticket previews on the right pane from the backlog view. When we click into a ticket's full view, the estimation field disappears. I know how to add a custom field, but this seems like it would just add a new estimation field and will not be the same as the story points estimation field default.

Is there a way to add JIRA's story point estimation field to a ticket's full view? 

1 answer

The field is called "Story Points". You should just add this field to the issue screens. I would suggest to add it to View,Edit and Create screens.

Can I configure this field to only accept numbers or change it to a drop down menu? I added it onto the screens, but I can type a non numerical value. 

Thats seems wierd. For me "Story Points" is a numeric field. I can only put numbers. You cannot change the type of the field.

What you can also do is to create a numeric field and add this as the Estimations for the board. This also works. But I dont see any advantages here.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

44 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot