Stop JIRA from changing owner/assignee if logged in user changes stages of the task

Nitin Makwana November 28, 2019

JIRA changes owner/assignee/lead of the task if logged in user changes stage (workflow transition) of the task. (i.e. To Do -> In Progress)

I know that it is happening because of "Post Functions" of To do -> In Progress where it is written that "Assign the issue to the current user. " If we can delete this post function then JIRA will stop changing assignee/lead of the task.

But other than this, is there any solution to stop JIRA to change owner/assignee of the task?

3 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Nitin Makwana

Did either of the above solutions work for you?

If not, what would be the issue in removing the Post Function which you mention would rectify your issue? I'd start with the simplest option unless there's a good reason not to do this!

Ste

1 vote
Jeff Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Sounds like you want the assignable permission to vary by workflow permission, which isn't officially supported but is possible.

0 votes
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

If the user don't have the "Assignable User" or "Assign Issues" the assigne won't be changed. 

Suggest an answer