Statusupdates very slow - amount of issues problem?

Oliver Bayerlein November 14, 2016

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with status not being updated in a ticket project.
e.g. when answering a customer it takes up to 4 hours until the status is refreshed to "waiting for customer".
I have to mention that this core project is very big with over 180.000 tickets.

Reindex finishes within 20minutes without problems, JIRA itself reacts normally.
16GB RAM, 12 cores, enough free space, DB monitor is okay, no obvious system limitations.

I wonder if the amount of issues is causing this problem (e.g. a cursor iterating over each of the 180.000 tickets checking if there are dependencies) and in general if there's a limit / best practice of how many tickets a project should have in maximum on a Standard JIRA Server.

Any hint is welcome.

BR
oli

5 answers

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Try to disable all non-system addons.

0 votes
Oliver Bayerlein November 15, 2016

Only "Email This Issue" but that is imho only involved when creating tickets via email... ?

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Any third party addons or post functions involved in status update? You may try to disable them.

0 votes
Oliver Bayerlein November 14, 2016

MSSQL

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2016

180 000 is not such a big amount. What DB do you have?

Suggest an answer