Sprint Board - Backlog - Latest update moved Jira task link & priority to right hand side.

Adam Brundrett December 14, 2016

The latest update to JIRA seems to have moved the task link and the priority arrow  for each task in the backlog from the left hand side of each entry, to the right.  The task link is always now grey too.

This is a before pic from the JIRA docs which is how our backlog looked yesterday.

Backlog.jpg

...and a pic of an entry from the backlog today.  

Jira backlog after update.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is not something we have done.  I have checked the "What's new" section in the JIRA docs and there is an entry which sounds like a suspect:

JIRA Software

These changes have just landed on your site, or will be there in the next few days: 

• We've given the issue cards a facelift - get the info you need, without the clutter.

I cannot find any way of changing this back to the original view and everyone here in the office hates the change to the layout of the issues.  The link to open the task belongs next to the actual summary text you are reading, not across on the other side of the screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 14, 2016

You are correct, an update resulted in this change.

As you are on the Cloud, you can't roll it back.

You can open a ticket with Atlassian regarding this if you want.

NOTE - wouldn't be surprised if someone has already opened one. Search and vote for it if so.

Doug Odegaard December 14, 2016

Noticed it today as well and incredibly annoying to do such a thing and not be configurable.

Michael Stuart December 14, 2016

The is a terrible move. Our team is used to using the issue numbers as they are referencing their work load. Making the issue numbers gray and buried on the right makes it difficult. Did anyone check with people who really use the software before making this change?

Deleted user December 14, 2016

Yes, I suspect a number of folks will be complaining to Atlassian. Don't know where they come up with these "improvements".

Nathan K. Campbell - 817.966.5232 December 14, 2016

+1 to disapproval of the update. Additionally, you can't right click on the card anymore to open in new browser tab. You can still do it but you have to click the tiny little ticket number in the bottom right corner. Big hassle and no good reason to remove that functionality. 

0 votes
Doug Odegaard December 14, 2016

You can now vote for this to be either rolled back or somehow enhanced at this issue started by Atlassian support.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-15331

Suggest an answer