Split Jira attachments on 2 directories or more

Hi all,

Can we Split Jira attachments on 2 directories or more?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

What do you mean by "split"?  What are you trying to achieve?

Thanks,

I want to merge the JIRA attachments directory with an other directory.

I can't see any reason why you'd want to do that.  What do you want to achieve from this "merge"?  What do the users get from it?

We have a large instance and the local drive is full (1TO) and we have add a network drive and now we want to do a junction or merge the local drive with the new network drive.
The reason , we want that all attachement new and the old will be available.

Ok, so it's a physical disk allocation and not a "merge attachments with another directory". 

The simple answer is that there's no simple way to do this.  JIRA has an attachments directory at a single point and you need to present that to the system at a particular place for it to work.

Now, although it's a bad thing to use a network or shared disk for most of JIRA's home directory (very bad, trust me), it is ok to do it for the attachments.  What we often see on medium/large sites is either symbolic linking or disk mounts for the attachments directory - those both locate the attachments on a separate disk.

You could do the same at a lower level, if one of your projects is taking 90% of the attachment volume, mount a new disk at /attachments/<project key>, but that's not really ideal.  The best answer here would be to move the contents of the attachments directory on to a new (network) drive and mount or link that to replace the old attachments directory.

For example, a JIRA I've got has a simple symbolic link to remote mounted storage at
/opt/jira-home/data/attachments -> /mnt/extern3/attachments

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

88 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you