Sorry, but we are unable to automatically upgrade your version JIRA

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2016

I am guessing that you have got this error message from an attempt to upgrade?

Could you tell us where in the process it happened, and what the log file(s) say?  (Ideally, check catalina.out and atlassian-jira.log)

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

Run installer atlassian-jira-4.4.5.exe. 2 batton: New Install and Upgrade. Check Upgrade and press next. -> "Sorry, but we are unable to automatically upgrade your version JIRA"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2016

Ok, and what does the log file say?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]
Nothing. JIRA  off. It seems to me that the only way - manual up-dating

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2016

I don't understand what that means.

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2016

I'm really sorry, but posting links at me doesn't answer the question.  I don't know what is wrong with your upgrade because I don't know what the logs are saying.

The front-end message you are getting is telling me that you have something configured or installed in your 3.13 JIRA that the 4.4.5 installer cannot handle, but without the log files, I can't guess at what it is.

Suggest an answer