Smart Checklists not formatting

Nick Schwinghamer July 19, 2016

Hi, 

I've added the Smart Checklists Add-on for JIRA Cloud, which seems to be installed (I can see it installed in the Manage Add-ons section). 

I've created a new multi-line text field called Checklists as the instructions indicate, but when I input the checklist, it doesn't seem to show the formatted checklist. 

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.26.15 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yaroslav Lazor July 22, 2016

Hi,

The checklist is rendered on the right side.
See screenshot attached below.

• yellow is the multiline text field
  • red is the rendered checklist

It's a good idea to either

• hide "Checklists" field under a separate screen tab, like on the screenshot
    • so that it's not rendered when you don't need it
  • or to remove it from the "View Screen"
    • so that it doesn't distract you as checklist would appear in two places
    • multiline text field and right column rendered checklist

We will deliver "edit checklist" functionality in a next 3-6 weeks, so you won't have to keep the "Checklists" field on the "View Screen".

Makes sense ?

[IN-724] SUPPORT "Smart Checklists not formatting" - JIRA 2016-07-23 16-34-36.png

Nick Schwinghamer July 25, 2016

Hi Yaroslav,

Thanks, that makes sense and I do see it rendered in that view as your screen shot indicates. I was hoping to be able to see the rendered version in the Issue detail view of our Sprint board, since that is the view our team uses 95% of the time. Do you have plans to make it work in that view as well?

Thanks,

Nick

Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

Hi Nick,

We've made a lot of improvements since the time you've asked your questions.

Check them here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/rw-smart-checklist-biz

Now add-on supports kanban, scrum board, issue detail and new issue view from an agile board.

Thanks,

Pavel Pavlovsky

Product Manager

Suggest an answer