Single Project, Single Sprint, Multiple Boards, Same View/Page

Kevin Davie February 5, 2016

We have single project with multiple boards configured to segment issues by team (with swimlanes by epic); we use a single sprint across the boards. The boards are: Development, QA, Transition, and Support. We've configured the boards with multiple states, some overlapping. For example, on our Development board the final state is Ready For QA, which is also the first state on the QA board. Currently each of our 4 boards have unique URLs. My goal is to configure the boards such that I can view them all on a single-page (same URL) and can transition through the states all in one place (looking for something similar to having multiple wall-boards on a dashboard, but not read-only). One option would be to introduce another board and add all states/columns that span across the 4 boards we're currently using, however, with the number of states we have this approach is not ideal. Is there a way to configure all our boards to show up in the same view?

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

There's no way to combine boards. I do not know of any current system that allows for this. You'd have to make a single board with all statuses, which has caveats as you pointed out due to size and restraints.

I could think of a possible method using a greasmonkey script... You could use an external script to modify the view to be larger, but scrollable perhaps. Nothing fancy, nothing beyond a "hack..." but it might be usable enough.

Suggest an answer