Show resolutions as <blank> as default value instead of Fixed

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2017

Hi All

When an issue is resolved, by default the option we see in resolution dropdown is Fixed.

Is it possible to have this field as empty (instead of Fixed) and user is forced to choose an option from the drop-down.

(of course field is mandatory but i am trying to avoid Fixed being shown up as default value)

Rahul

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2017

No.  The field is deliberately built to set a resolution, forcing the user to select something.

(Also, it's not "mandatory" in JIRA-speak.  It's optional, otherwise you would have to set it on "create")

Isaac_nl November 17, 2017

The problem is not that it is mandatory, that is alright.

The problem is that by default JIRA selects a default resolution for the user. So users have no incentive to select the correct resolution. They just click next or ok. In my JIRA there are loads of issues with resolution 'Fixed' while in reality the issues is a duplicate. Or cancelled.

Isaac_nl November 17, 2017

Hmm I just noticed that it's now possible to 'Clear defaults' in the resolution admin section of JIRA. Not sure if this is new or has been there a long time, but it does the trick for me!

Like Pavel Vorokhib likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

Yes, the "please select" option came in a while ago.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events