Show issues of defined group to all users, other issues only to reporter and assignee

H-H December 12, 2017

HI there

having a issues security question and can´t get it to work, new to jira ...

All users in my instance can only see issues as reporter (A) or assignee (B) - works perfectly. Now I have another user (c) that should be visible to everybody within jira even though he is not assigned to that user.

How is this solved in Jira? Thanks for an idea.

F

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

When you are using issue level security with Jira, you first have to create the security scheme that this project is using.   Given what you have posted, I suspect you have at least done that.

But then the next step is to define the Security Levels in use here.   I can't tell what you have for your security levels with the information provided so far.  You could have lots of different levels.  But one way to do this would be to simply add a group to a specific security level like so:

sec1.png

In this case I only had 1 security level made for reporters and assignees, but if you click the add button, you can then place other project roles, groups, etc to this specific security level.

If your setup has 10 different security levels for this scheme, and you want your admins to see all of them, then you would need to add that group of admins to each level in order for them to see these issues.  There is also more information on how to configure this in the documentation: Configuring issue-level security.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

In re-reading this I think I might have skipped over your question of how to show issues to everyone.  In that case, you just would not set a security level for that issue.   Issues aren't required to have a security level, and if you have not set a default security level, then all issues would be open to just the permission schemes as to who can see them or perform other actions.

Suggest an answer