Show assignee on story swimlane

Dale Bronk December 8, 2016

How can I configure my scrum board swimlane based to Stories to show the assigne icon on the story.  We assign a story to a single person and that person has responsibility over the entire story while subtasks can be assigned to other people.  The swimlane shows the story as the lane and the subtasks.  The subtasks show the assignee but the story just shows the story number and the status.  I want to be able to show who is assignee of the story without clicking on it.

3 answers

6 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

It is not an option at the moment. Sounds like a good feature to have!

Chris MacDougall April 26, 2017

I just found this blog because I wanted to do exactly the same thing.  How can we get more votes for this feature?

Like Kevin likes this
Matt Ghantous February 5, 2018

I have posted this suggestion to JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16396 you can vote on it

Like # people like this
Matt Stephens May 21, 2018

yes!  upvoted, and linked to another request which is to show story points as well.  For me this is pretty much essential to make the sprint view actually useful!

Like Kevin likes this
Phil May 21, 2018

It would ideally be customizable to show whatever fields you want...similar to the card layout option. For me I'd like it to display the fix version.

3 votes
Martin Freeman November 23, 2018

Two years later this still isn't possible. That sucks.

Kevin March 9, 2023

7 years later and counting...

Like Matt Ghantous likes this
1 vote
Claudiu Tomescu January 11, 2019

I was just Googling for a way to accomplish this and found this thread... I can't believe Atlassian can't implement such a simple request. In my opinion, this would bring a lot of value to the Scrum board.

Neutrino_Sunset January 15, 2019

We can't even use the Scrum board during standups for exactly this reason, we have to use the full Backlog view instead as it's the only place we can display who the tickets are actually assigned to, which obviously sucks because from the Backlog view you have no visibility of the progress of each story's subtasks which is the whole point of the standup.

Like # people like this
Tobias Steinhäusler March 21, 2020

It depends on how many people you have in your team but one way we are working around this request is by creating a Quick View for each team member. We then click through each team member and view their stories.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events