Show Status in Backlog for JIRA Server 7.4 ?

Matt Stephens April 18, 2018

Hi Community!

In JIRA Server 7.4, is it possible to configure the Backlog view to show different columns?  In particular, I want to show status in this view.  This is so we can clearly see what stories are 'Ready' in the backlog when we're doing backlog refinement and sprint planning.

I've got a workaround for moment which is a custom search, but it would be nice if the OOTB backlog view could be configured.

Thanks!

Matt

4 answers

3 votes
Deleted user April 18, 2018

Hi @Matt Stephens,

My suggestion is below:

Go to board settings

Card Layout

In the backlog section select Status.

Statuses should appear now in the Backlog view.

Hope this helps

Deleted user April 18, 2018

I would also utilise Card Colours with a query for each different status so users can easily understand status at a glance.

Hope this helps 

2 votes
Matt Stephens April 23, 2018

@[deleted], have access now so was able to try that.  It works, but irritatingly it adds that extra field as a separate line which means the backlog view becomes quite cumbersome (as we end up with 2 rows per issue rather than 1, and on laptops in particular it's not ideal).

Card colours it turns out already have been configured exactly like that, I just hadn't realised!  So I think that plus using filters is probably how we'll do it.  Unfortunately I'm colour blind so the colours aren't as obvious for me, but hopefully they are for the scrum team here lol!

0 votes
efroim102 May 17, 2022

The Jira Backlog Status Chrome Extension should help with this, it does require setting up the extra fields though: Jira Backlog Status - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

0 votes
Matt Stephens April 18, 2018

Thanks @[deleted], I'll try that - I'm not the board owner or jira admin ( yet :| ) so can't check myself!  

Suggest an answer