Should eazyBI include sub-tasks in "issues resolved" measure?

Matt DeLuco August 10, 2016

If you look at the measures dimension in eazyBI, there are two members "Issues resolved" and "Sub-tasks resolved".  When I reported on "Issues resolved" it seemed high, so when I drilled through to Issues, it looked like sub-tasks were included in that measure.

Are sub-tasks considered to be a type of issue?  It doesn't make sense to me to include them in the "Issues resolved" measure.

I just looked at creating a calculated member, but subtracting from "Issues resolved" the number of sub-tasks created or sub-tasks resolved doesn't give me the correct value either.

1 answer

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2016

Hi Matt

You are correct: all standard measures  (Issues created, Issues resolved ... ) includes both standard (parent) issues and sub-tasks issues.
Measures 'Sub-tasks created', 'Sub-tasks resolved', ... count subtasks for standard issues. 

To calculate measures only from standard issues, use "Issue type" dimension - move it in Pages and select only standard issue types. Then all measures would be calculated only from standard issues.

If you have a lot of issue types, you could create a calculated member in "Issue Type" dimension to retrieve all standard issue types with the following calculation:

Aggregate(
Filter(
[Issue Type].[Issue Type].Members,
IsEmpty([Issue Type].CurrentMember.Get('Subtask'))
))

Then you could use this calculated member in Pages or when creating calculated measures.

Ilze, support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events