Setting the permission for a project on fully private

Stephan Sander July 4, 2017

How can a permission scheme be adjusted to set a project completely on private.

Best would be that the project is only visible to the author or to a defined group of users.

Also, what is the setup scheme that nobody can add issues to a project appart the author or a defined group of people

I tried different setups, but always a user can add their issues to an existing "private" project, also everything is set to "author".

Thank you for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you for your quick reply.

I actually tried that, I set everything to permisson "author".

Nevertheless any user can just add their new issues (which are only shown under their login, but the "issue" count goes up, e.g. Issue-1, Issue-2). 

Is there any chance to fully make an projekt invisible to others?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2017

It's the same answer.

If a user can see a project, then the permission scheme for it says "This user has browse permission" in some way.  Same for Create, and the other permissions.

You need to remove the permissions that let the wrong people do things.

Remember these are not direct.  You could say "Browse:  Alice, Bob and Chuck", but that's clumsy and a pain in the neck while people move around.  So we usually say "Browse: Role of Developers".  Then put Alice, Bob and Chuck in that role in the project.

So, you'll need to check the permissions and fix them.

That was helpful, thank you very much!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2017

It's very simple - go to the permission scheme and look at who has permissions to browse and create.  Change that so that it says something like "role (the-users)".  Then remove all groups and users from that role in the project, apart from those who should be using it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events