Set assignee of a subtask as per the assignee of another subtask

Vidula Kulkarni January 26, 2016

Hi,

Our workflow creates 'Design' and 'Development' sub tasks. I set the development task assignee the same as the design task assignee in a post-function script for 'Design' task workflow.

def dsnAssignee = issue.getAssigneeId()
def subTasks = issue.getParentObject().getSubTaskObjects()

subTasks.each {

if (it.issueType.name == "Development"){
        it.setAssigneeId(dsnAssignee)

}
  }
This does not set the assignee of 'Development' task to the 'Design' task assignee. What else do I need to do in the above script?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

Updating issue consist of two steps:

1. Settiong new values (what you have done)
  2. Storing changes into database. Use this to do it

ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().updateIssue(ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser().getDirectoryUser(), issue, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED, false)

The reason to do it: you make a lot of changes and store it to database at once.

Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2016

if that does not work, try it.store().  You probably also want to reindex the issue. 

ComponentAccessor.getIssueIndexManager().reIndex(it);

Vidula Kulkarni January 27, 2016

Thanks a lot Vasilliy and Jeff. My issue is resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events