Set Transition Condition to !=None

Mark Lawson December 14, 2015

I have a Transition which I wish to make conditional the login person being in a particular project role and (amongst other things) a specified radio-button field is not set to 'None'.  I have set the Condition to != None but when the radio-button is set to None the Transition is visible.  It seems the None value allows a Condition to be bypassed.

3 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

Is 'None' an option? Usually, when you select 'None', it means no options are set (unless you add an option called 'None', which is not recommended).

Check for empty value instead of checking for 'None' and see if that makes a difference.

0 votes
Mark Lawson December 14, 2015

I posed the original question.  The option 'None' is a JIRA standard and, it would appear, cannot be removed.  The setting of conditions where only the 'all of' OR the 'any of' selections are available makes the design more difficult (but not impossible).  The un-removable 'None' option, however, appears to operate by a third set of rules and that is what makes this problem difficult.  The potential of the 'Object ID' option is not well explained in the documentation.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

I was referring to that in my answer. 'None' is not an option, it just says no options are selected. (I have seen admins creating a 'None' option themselves but that adds more issues). In this case, you should be checking for empty (null) value.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2015

Could you provide a screenshot for these condition to make question clear. 

1. First suggestion: maybe you use "or" instead of "and" for this two condition
  2. You have more than these two conditin which is true when condition != None is false

Suggest an answer