Set Scheduler Issue for JIRA 6.4

Elif Alverson January 11, 2016

Hello, 

I would like to set Scheduler Issue for every 11 weeks. It looks like on the cron expressions it is not really possible to set up an issue to be created ever 11 weeks? Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2016

There is no such thing as a "scheduler issue" in JIRA Core (or JIRA Software for that matter, and though I'm less familiar with JIRA Service Desk, I haven't heard of it existing there either).  Is this in reference to something provided by the TheScheduler plugin?  If so, then you should indicate that in your question.

In any case, you are correct; it is not possible to set an interval of 11 weeks using a single cron expression, as cron expressions work kind of like regular expressions – they represent a pattern and the job executes when the current time matches that pattern.

Plugins can also schedule interval jobs, so if you currently only see cron schedules offered, perhaps you can ask the plugin developer to support interval schedules as well.

Suggest an answer