Send Issue Created email to users and groups per custom field's value when Issue Creation

Hisamitsu Koga March 16, 2016

I want to sent issue created email to users and groups per custom field's value when Issue Creation.

e.g. When create issue, if custom field:Category is 'A', want to send Issue Created email to users

(user_1 and user_2) and groups (group_1 and group_2). If custom field:Category is 'B', want to send Issue

Created email to users (user_3 and user_4) and groups (group_3 and group_4).

Is this possible by Script Runner at post function when create issue? if yes, could you show me sample script, please?

2 answers

0 votes
Naga Vasantha December 21, 2016

Hi Everyone,

We have a similar kind of requirement to be achieved, I would like to know can we get this done without using any plug-in

Thanks,

Vasantha

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2016

Hi,

I think you can create a scriptrunner event listener that can investigate the issues and raise custom events.

You can have two custom events with notifications configured for the separate sets of recipients. Scriptrunner can then delegate the regular issue events to these custom events so notifications will be sent to the proper recipients.

Other option is to use some other addon:

Tibor

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2016

Sorry just saw, you are on JIRA Cloud, Email This Issue is not yet available in the Cloud. Will be in a few weeks though.

Suggest an answer