Selecting Roles for a user

Anthony Wright November 9, 2016

When I try to add roles to user or groups the pull down for roles does not show the roles there is set up in the system

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

Hi Anthony,

I'm guessing you might be using the Add users to a role link on the "Users and roles" page in Project Settings. Is that right?

The pull down here only shows roles after you have entered a valid user/group. Until then it is disabled. The way it works is a bit clunky and has caught me out before when I've been checking to see what roles I have set up.

Here's what I mean:

jira-add-users-to-role.gif

Does that help? If not, please comment with some more details about the page where you are having problems and I'll try to help again.

Sam

Chris Stoltz February 7, 2017

Sorry. No ... that does not help at all!

What have you done between selecting the first screen and the second screen?

I'm new to this ... and I'm finding it most difficult and counter intuitive. I can't believe how much time it's taking to set up two projects with two separate teams. I'm about to give up!  sad

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2017

I've searched for and selected a user/group in the "Users or groups" box. Once a a user is entered, the roles are selectable. Like this:

jira-add-users-to-role.gif

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events