Searching for Action Items that have a relationship to specific linked Issues

Greg Butler March 9, 2016

We log Actions as Action items and link them to their related issues via "is blocked by" function. This works fine until I want to filter by an issue with all it's related action items. 

There doesn't seem to be a way to search for an issue and have it appear alongside all the associated actions that it blocks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

For a given issue, you can use the linkedIssues function to search for related tickets.

issue in linkedIssues("KEY-123", "is blocked by")

If you want to search blocked actions based on a query or filter, you will have to use a plugin like JQL Tricks.

Greg Butler March 9, 2016

Thanks Jobin - but when LinkedIssues does not seem to be recognised as a function. 

(I'm clicking on New Filter and typing in the advanced JQL search box.)

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

It is a standard function in JIRA! Are you typing issue in ...

0 votes
Greg Butler March 10, 2016

I wasn't, but now I have it works great. Many thanks!

I don't suppose there is a way to make key query dynamic, so that I can search (for instance) for issues assigned to me AND get all the linked issues associated with them returned too (even though they are not assigned to me)?

Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2016

That second part is where you will need a plugin like JQL Tricks.

Suggest an answer