Searching for Action Items that have a relationship to specific linked Issues

We log Actions as Action items and link them to their related issues via "is blocked by" function. This works fine until I want to filter by an issue with all it's related action items. 

There doesn't seem to be a way to search for an issue and have it appear alongside all the associated actions that it blocks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

For a given issue, you can use the linkedIssues function to search for related tickets.

issue in linkedIssues("KEY-123", "is blocked by")

If you want to search blocked actions based on a query or filter, you will have to use a plugin like JQL Tricks.

Thanks Jobin - but when LinkedIssues does not seem to be recognised as a function. 

(I'm clicking on New Filter and typing in the advanced JQL search box.)

It is a standard function in JIRA! Are you typing issue in ...

I wasn't, but now I have it works great. Many thanks!

I don't suppose there is a way to make key query dynamic, so that I can search (for instance) for issues assigned to me AND get all the linked issues associated with them returned too (even though they are not assigned to me)?

Greg

That second part is where you will need a plugin like JQL Tricks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

240 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot