Search for Issues that were open in a given month, but current status is Resolved

DionP November 24, 2015

I'm looking to see how many open issues we average for a given month. 

4 answers

1 vote
DionP November 25, 2015

Hello All, 

After playing around a bit, I was able to get what i needed by using this JQL

project in (PROJECTPARK) AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND status was in  (Open, "In Progress", Blocked)  DURING  ("2015-10-01","2015-10-31") AND status was not in ("Resolved", "Closed") DURING   ("2015-10-01","2015-10-31")

0 votes
Lisa Zentz November 25, 2015

Is there a way to show how many times the status was changed within a ticket?  In particular, I'm looking for a way to see how many times a ticket was failed by QA (so status would change).  Thank you!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2015

Not without creating a "counter" that increments whenever a condition is met.

Lisa Zentz November 27, 2015

Admittedly not a query-mistress, would you be able to help me understand how to add the counter for the increments? Thank you!!!!

DionP November 27, 2015

This is the query I used for this: project = PROJECTPARK AND status changed from UAT to Development

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2015

An alternative answer is to consider what statistic is required.

The reply by @Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] tells you how many issues were created in a month and are now resolved it does not tell you how many are still open nor how many were resolved in the specific month. 

I believe a more meaningful measure is to know the difference between created/resolved in a month. This takes in to account that at the start of the month you will have some unresolved issues carried over from previous months and at the end of the month some will be carried over to the next month. 

To achieve this I would look at capturing two sets of statistics and then perform a simple calculation.

1. How many issues are opened each month
    Project = PROJECTPARK and Created >= 2015-11-1 and created <= 2015-11-30
  2. How many issues are opened each month
    Project = PROJECTPARK and ResolutionDate >= 2015-11-1 and ResolutionDate <= 2015-11-30 
  3. Then by comparing the two numbers you can see how the difference between issues created and issues resolved. A quick subtraction will show whether you are creating more than resolving or not. 

You could look at extending this through the use of a calculated field to determine the average resolution date for all issues. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2015

Have you tried

"Project = PROJECTPARK and Created >= 2015-11-1 and created <= 2015-11-30 and Status = RESOLVED"

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events