Search by label in Kanban board

Bibin Mohan April 9, 2020

Hi,

Is it possible to search based on the label in the Kanban board quick search box?

Thanks,

Bibin

2 answers

1 vote
Andrew Buensalida July 21, 2022

I think this feature should be implemented. 

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Hi @Bibin Mohan

It does not appear to be possible - it allows you to search for keywords and some user fields (eg. Assignee) but not labels.

If you're using JSW classic projects - as a Board Admin you can create Quick Filters - to do this:

1. Go to Options (3-dots icon) > Board Settings
  2. Select Quick Filters from the left-hand menu
  3. Create a quick filter by giving it a name and in the JQL box, enter a query such as labels = Test
  4. Press Add
  5. You can then press the Quick Filter from the board to see issues which have that label

If you're in Next-Gen, there is a drop-down filter to select one or multiple labels in line with the search box.

Ste

Bradley Matthews July 25, 2021

Hello, this was helpful.  Is there a way to have a quick filter in my Kanban board that can filter by multiple labels?

- July 30, 2021

Is there a way to do this without admin permissions to the board?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2021

Hi @Bradley Matthews 

If you mean could the Quick Filter take multiple labels into account, then yes - you could make the JQL labels in (Test1, Test2, Test3) to search for issues which contain multiple labels.

Or to search for different labels individually, just creating multiple Quick Filters :)

---

You need Board Admin to create these filters. You should have this if you created the Board - or a user can provide you access via Board Settings.

---

Ste

Like amin abromand likes this
amin abromand September 14, 2023

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ,

I have a company managed board.
In the board I have activated the option "Enhanced Jira board and backlog".
Thus I have additional out-of-the-box filters available.

One of these out-of-the-box filters is the filter for labels.
The filter works fine, but the filter is only available in the backlog.
It does not show on the kanban board.

The other out-of-the-box filters like the filter for typ are showing on the backlog as well as on the kanban board.

How can I ensure that the out-of-the-box filter for labels also shows on the kanban board ?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2023

Hi @amin abromand 

You can; according to this answer on the main article, you need to add the field as a visible field on the card layout:

1. Go to Settings (3-dots icon) > Configure Board
  2. Choose Card Layout from the left-hand menu
  3. Add Labels as a field on the card's layout on the main board

Then the filter should appear at the top next to Quick Filters.

I tried it and this worked for me :)

Ste

Like amin abromand likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders