Script cannot compile due to error grabbing grapes

Irtiza Rizvi November 15, 2016

Hello,

Our team is migrating our scripts from a dev server to a QA server and one of the scripts ran into the following problem:

The script could not be compiled:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
General error during conversion: Error grabbing grapes -- /home/jira/.groovy/grapes/resolved-caller-all-caller-working57.xml (Permission denied)

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error grabbing grapes -- /home/jira/.groovy/grapes/resolved-caller-all-caller-working57.xml (Permission denied)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

Upon looking this up online (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16871792/groovy-grab-download-failed), I found that the error has to deal with the fact that the script is using the Grab annotation.

@Grab(group = 'net.sf.opencsv', module = 'opencsv', version = '2.3')

Also, I noticed that on the QA server, I get the following warning on the line with the Grab annotation, but it is not present on the dev server, where the script works just fine.

image2016-11-15 10:3:31.png

Any idea as to what is causing this issue and how it can be resolved?

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

Just ignore static type checking, I don't think it can handle @Grab.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events