Script cannot compile due to error grabbing grapes

Hello,

Our team is migrating our scripts from a dev server to a QA server and one of the scripts ran into the following problem:

The script could not be compiled:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
General error during conversion: Error grabbing grapes -- /home/jira/.groovy/grapes/resolved-caller-all-caller-working57.xml (Permission denied)

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error grabbing grapes -- /home/jira/.groovy/grapes/resolved-caller-all-caller-working57.xml (Permission denied)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

Upon looking this up online (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16871792/groovy-grab-download-failed), I found that the error has to deal with the fact that the script is using the Grab annotation.

@Grab(group = 'net.sf.opencsv', module = 'opencsv', version = '2.3')

Also, I noticed that on the QA server, I get the following warning on the line with the Grab annotation, but it is not present on the dev server, where the script works just fine.

image2016-11-15 10:3:31.png

Any idea as to what is causing this issue and how it can be resolved?

1 answer

0 vote

Just ignore static type checking, I don't think it can handle @Grab.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

64 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot