Script Runner license for Jira 7

Middleware User April 26, 2016

Hi,

I am working on installing JIRA 7 into our Test environment.  I decided to do a clean install, and after installing the script runner add-on I do not see our purchased licensed stored in our Atlassian account.  How can we obtain our license key for this product?  

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2016

Hi Noreen,

Your licence should appear inside of your companies My Atlassian account.

If you are unable to find the licence key then you will need to sign up and raise a ticket in the Adaptavist Product Support portal at https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/ giving the SEN number for your production server so that we can look up the licence information for you.

I hope this helps

Kristian

0 votes
Sangram Nayak December 13, 2019

I am not able to update the Jira Adaptive script runner for trial version

Please suggest

0 votes
Middleware User April 27, 2016

Hi Mark,

I created an account in the Adaptavist support portal, but I don't have permission to create tickets which is why you haven't seen a support ticket created for this yet.  I sent an email to productsupport@adaptavist.com to ask them to give my account the ability to create tickets, I haven't heard back from them yet.  

In our Atlassian account where we can view our licenses, the only Script Runner license that shows up is a trial license I initiated on our new JIRA 7 server  until I was able to track down our purchased license.  If this information is controlled by Atlassian I can work with their support.  

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

Noreen,

I don't see any evidence of an account with your name on our system so I'm not sure what happened there. For now, it seems you have your answer but I'm concerned about you finding it difficult to create a ticket. Perhaps the link you got was incorrect - I'm not sure?

Middleware User April 27, 2016

Hi Mark,

The account I created was under 'Kit Day (kitday).  Here's the info:

You have signed up for a JIRA account at: 
https://productsupport.adaptavist.com

Username:kitday
Email:kitday@uoregon.edu
Full Name:Kit Day

Our Atlassian account was created by our CIO so it has her name, but using a shared email address for all of us in the Middleware group at University of Oregon.  

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

Thanks Noreen,

I was able to go directly to the ScriptRunner Support Portal: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 logged in as you (I used the ScriptRunner built-in script to switch user and become you) and I was able to create a support ticket.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2016

The problem here is that we have provided two different types of access:

1. Access to the public JIRA with our ScriptRunner public issues where you can see and vote and watch some of the shared issues (mostly to see bugs)
  2. Access to the Service Desk Support portal which is specifically this URL: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

The second listed URL is the support portal where you can use our Service Desk instance to create tickets.

I hope that clarifies.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2016

Hi Noreen,

I don't see a Product Support ticket yet so I'll try to answer it here. There should be at least one contact listed against any licence when it is bought and it is either the Technical Contact or the Billing Contact (normally there are both).

If you're not listed as either then you won't see your licence information.

I hope that helps but if not, feel free to raise a ticket with us (or better yet, with Atlassian since this information is controlled by them).

regards,

Mark.

0 votes
Middleware User April 26, 2016

Thank you, I will submit a ticket via the Adaptavist Product Support portal. 

Suggest an answer