Script Runner - Copy Project error message

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2015

I get the following error after running the Copy Project built-in script from Script Runner.

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$_convertProjectFilterStrings_closure11.doCall(CopyProject.groovy:677)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject.convertProjectFilterStrings(CopyProject.groovy:661)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject.this$dist$invoke$1(CopyProject.groovy)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$2.methodMissing(CopyProject.groovy)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$2.invokeMethod(CopyProject.groovy)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$2$_consume_closure1$_closure2.doCall(CopyProject.groovy:647)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$2$_consume_closure1.doCall(CopyProject.groovy:645)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$2.consume(CopyProject.groovy:644)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$2.consume(CopyProject.groovy)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.collect.TransformingEnclosedIterable$1.consume(TransformingEnclosedIterable.java:33)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.collect.CollectionUtil.foreach(CollectionUtil.java:44)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.collect.CloseableIterator$Functions.foreach(CloseableIterator.java:58)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DatabaseIterable.foreach(DatabaseIterable.java:44)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.collect.TransformingEnclosedIterable.foreach(TransformingEnclosedIterable.java:29)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.collect.EnclosedIterable$foreach.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject.copyDashAndFilters(CopyProject.groovy:624)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$copyDashAndFilters$1.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject.doCopyProject(CopyProject.groovy:562)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$doCopyProject$0.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject.doScript(CopyProject.groovy:278)

When copying the project, I did not choose to copy issues, but I did choose to copy versions and project-specific dashboards/filters. We have 3 dashboard and 12 filters that need to be copied - all 12 filters were copied correctly, but only 1 dashboard copied correctly. The naming convention (i.e. if the project's key is PRO, then the dashboard should be named "PRO-Dashboard Name") is the same for all three dashboards.

What might this error indicate? FYI - we ran this same script on our test instance of JIRA and didn't get this error. Could there be something wrong with one of the dashboards?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

Hi Alex,

Probably there is something wrong with the filters. More information you can find here https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-594 

Regards, Thanos

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

Thank you, Thanos! This helps point me in the right direction - I think I have it narrowed down to a particular gadget that uses a particular filter, so once we use this Copy Project script again, I should know for sure.

Suggest an answer