Screen -> Way to make field read-only and fields side-by-side

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

Hey guys!

I have the following screen which pops up during a transition:

customizeScreen.png

First i would like to get the fields horizontal side-by-side. I already googled for that and didnt find a solution. The feature request seems to be declined by Atlassian and i didnt find any other solution like plugin or something.

Do you guys know a way to realize this?

Other question i have is:

Is there a way to make the field 1 with all its checkboxes read only and only field 2 read/write?

Thought about some javascript in field description but my javascript skills are pretty primitive.
Only used it yet to hide and prefill summaryfield, but nothing else.

Thank you in advance, would be happy to hearing from you!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

Code, and quite a lot of it.

Atlassian are not going to put the fields side-by-side any time soon.  That means if you want to do it, you have to either change their code in the core of JIRA, or come up with javascript hacks to re-arrange the screen (usually ugly, and often unreliable)

On the other question - yes, remove field 1 from the transition screen.  If it's read-only, don't present it to the user at all.

Suggest an answer