Scheduling capability

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hi All

We use the due-date feature a lot.

But sometimes say there are three tasks and all three dependent on each other. When there is a delay in first it causes a ripple effect on 2nd and 3rd.

How can we configure JIRA to automatically update the due-dates for 2nd and  3rd issue?

I am aware of the gantt chart plugin but is there away of doing it natively within jira?

Rahul

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

One way would be to implement an issue listener that monitors a task for change in due date and then if it detects a change it gets all dependent tasks and updates their due dates.

If you have Script Runner or JJUpin you should be able to quickly add a scripted listener to do that. I'm also assuming that the dependency between the tasks is expressed in some way i.e. issue links.

Suggest an answer