SLA was not STOPPED

Hi everyone!
I have a problem. Some issues have status like done or closed. Also, this issues has a resolution.
But SLA was not stopped.
In database, I see this criterion in table "customfieldvalue":

...{"timeline":{"events":[{"date":1561552301307,"types":["START"]}]},"ongoingSLAData":
{"goalId":116,"startTime":1561552301307,"paused":false,"thresholdData":{"calculatedAt.....

And issues where SLA was stopped after resolution has this criterion:

...{"timeline":{"events":[{"date":1561616106021,"types":["START"]},{"date":1561616266930,"types":["PAUSE"]}]},"ongoingSLAData":{"goalId":111,"startTime":1561616106021,"paused":true,"thresholdData...

I can watch issues where SLA was not stopped by SQL query:

SELECT ji.[ID]

,ji.[pkey]

,ji.[issuenum]

,ji.[RESOLUTION]

,ji.[issuestatus]

,ji.[CREATED]

,ji.[UPDATED]

,ji.[RESOLUTIONDATE]

,cv.textvalue

FROM [SQL12DB3_JIRA].[jira].[dbo].[jiraissue] as ji

join [SQL12DB3_JIRA].[jira].[dbo].[customfieldvalue] as cv

on cv.issue = ji.id and cv.customfield = 12323 and cv.textvalue like '%,"paused":false,%'

where ji.project = 'MyProject' and ji.issuestatus in (10424,11923)

What could be the problem?

1 answer

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2019

Have you double checked your SLA definition?? Maybe the final status is not set to stop the clock.

http://YOUR.JIRA.ADDRESS/servicedesk/admin/YOUR.PROJECT.KEY/sla/custom

Of course, i checked this.
This issues has a not final status. But in this status SLA should have paused.
Now, issues have a status "Done", after this status they will be in status "Closed".
Closed - is final status.
We can resave SLA by ur link. But some time after, we have a new issues with status "Done" and sla is not stopped.

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2019

Can you provide with screeenshots of your SLA configuration and workflow? 

pic21001.gifpic16334.gifIs the information sufficient or not translatable?

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2019

The language is a barrier for me, sorry.

I translated this.
Is this information sufficient?
pic16334.gifpic21001.gif

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2019

From the screenshots I can only state that:

1. you might aswell delete every pause condition and make them stop conditions, since time will never start counting again once paused.
  2. the only issues where the SLA time will be stoped (not paused) will be those in Closed status.
  3. for every issue in Done status the SLA will be paused (not stoped).
  4. I'm not sure what the transitions starting and ending in the same status do. I guess you're counting something or have some sort of postfunction doing something there.

For those issues that you feel haven't managed SLA times proprerly: how do you see them in the UI? does the time just keep counting down?

Can you make a list of every issue (or at least a good number of them) in closed and done status, indicating if they show that "paused":false of "paused":true tag?

I would expect that every Done issue is at true and every Closed issue is at false.

Yes, we can make status "Done" like final status, and SLA will be stopped.
But we need the issue to be reopened if the user is not satisfied, in final status it's impossible.
For example, this isssue:
In database has a paused":false tag
pic25981.gif
and typical issue, has a "paused":true," tag:pic27967.gif

And i have a problem only with status "Done".
Issues with status "Closed" has this tag:
{"timeline":{"events":[{"date":1560915462173,"types":["START"]},{"date":1560934807067,"types":["PAUSE"]},{"date":1561392280510,"types":["STOP","UNPAUSE"]}]},"ongoingSLAData":null,"completeSLAData":[{"succeeded":true,"goalTime":28800000,"goalTimeUnits":{"weeks":0,"remainingDaysWithinWeek":4,"remainingMillisWithinDay":16192933,"breached":false}

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2019

Looking purely at your workflow and SLA configuration, I think that the only error you have is that once you reopen an issue the SLA timer doesn't start to run again. You should add the status "Assigned" to the start column.

That being said... I see no more suspicious things there. 

The concept of reopening makes sense, of course, but you can't do that (from an SLA time management point of view) once the clock has been stoped. I think you're not trying to do this but I'm not certain since transitions are not 100% clear on the diagram.

What do the transitions "from Done to Done" and "from Closed to Closed" do? I just want to make sure that when you reopen a ticket you are moving from Done to Assigned (judging by the workflow diagram) and you're not doing something like going from Closed to Closed but deleting the resolution...

I'm getting out of ideas.

Thank u, so much.
We will try change status to "Assigned" at start.

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2019

Not change, but ADD.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events