SCRUM in JIRA v6.2.2?

Petr Shulman May 2, 2016

Dear Atlassian community,

I have been recently tasked to transfer our physical SCRUM board to JIRA. I would also like to somehow group issues into Sprints.

Since we do not employ JIRA Agile at this Point, I can not use tools like "Create board" or "Create Sprint",
and I was wondering if anyone knows of a convenient Workaround.

I would greatly appreciate any insights you may have.

Sincerely Yours,

Peter

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

It's very hard to do scrum without a backlog system and it's not easy to run without some form of board.

I wouldn't even try it in plain JIRA.  There are add-ons that might help, but once you get to the realisation of the full set that you probably need and how to rig them up, it would be better to simply buy the Agile add-on and create a new board.

One thing that might help a bit is upgrading to 7.1 Core - that has "boards" at least.  Still no planning or the bits you really need, but a basic board is there.

Petr Shulman May 2, 2016

Dear Nic,

thank you for your fast reply!

We will be installing the new Version coming out this year soon, but is there a convenient solution in the meantime?

With best regards,

Peter

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

Not anything that won't take more effort than simply adding Agile.  I'd bring that forward if you can, it'll be far more effective.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events