Retrieve only comments from JIRA tickets

Pramod Karandikar December 16, 2015

I am quite a beginner with JIRA and have been experimenting with JQL and some plugins. I need to show only comments for a JIRA issue and show it on a Confluence page. What I thought was there could be some JQL way of doing this. If it's possible with JQL, I can insert a JIRA item in the confluence page and provide the JQL which only fetches the comments for a particular JIRA ticket.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2015

JQL is for finding issues, not returning the information on those issues.  If you're trying to compare it with SQL, then the best way to think of JQL is that "it is only the where clause".  There's no "select what", it's just "where" and your report or display is reponsible for selecting what to display.

To fetch only comments, you're going to need a bit of code - you need to write a macro like the JIRA issues macro that can accept JQL, ping JIRA with it and then render only the comments from the result list.

Suggest an answer