Restriction on Boards while using multiple team

Manish Agrawal January 2, 2017

I use JIRA with 10 users subscription. Is it possible to restrict certain members from seeing/accessing certain board. So i want to create 3 boards, write the stories/epics on these 3 boards and assign 3 person each (e.g. ABC, PQR, XYZ) on these 3 board and keep 1 user id with me which has access to all 3 boards. There should be perfect firewall between these 3 boards

I want first group of 3 users (ABC) to view Board 1 only and no other board
I want Second group of 3 users (PQR) to view Board 2 only and no other board

I want Third group of 3 users (XYZ) to view Board 3 only and no other board

I should have access to all 3 boards so that I can manage this whole project.

Thank You.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2017

Hi Manish,

Assuming you are using JIRA Software for the boards, you can restrict access by changing the 'shares' for the underlying filter.

Go to "Board Settings" (in the three dots menu around the top right of the screen) for the board you want to restrict.

On the "General and filters" page, click "Edit filter shares":

edit-filter-shares.jpg

This will take you to the filter where you can restrict to certain groups.

You'll need to divide you users up into the appropriate groups before you do this, so that you can restrict the filter to only the group you want to see.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sam

0 votes
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2017

Hi Manish.

Boards and filters are shared objetcs in JIRA that the owner can decide who can access them. If you create the boards, after doing that you should edit the permissions on them. You can grant access to groups of users or to project roles. In your case, you have to grant group ABC only to board 1, group PQR only to board 2 and so on.

And your user should be member of three groups so can see the three boards.

Regards, Aylin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events