Restriction for JIRA project

sanjay_sapra February 5, 2021

Hi Team ,

We have created jira users for some third parties to tracks their activities in JIRA . How I can restrict that group not to view/edit /access other project except 1-2 project (For which we can provide permission to them.)

Please help on this.

2 answers

0 votes
sanjay_sapra February 5, 2021

I have created new group as mentioned above and move the user to that group with user management permission . And created new project in JIRA and edited permission scheme.

But still not able to provide permission to that particular group . please suggest with which permission they can create or access new project only .

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

Hi @sanjay_sapra 

As it appears in the image, to limit the visibility of a project, you must navigate to the project's permission scheme, and include the corresponding group in the browse project permission. In this way, the groups to which you grant this permission will be the ones that can view the project

Project Permission - Browse project.PNGProject Permission - Browse project II.PNG

I hope it helps you
Greetings

sanjay_sapra February 8, 2021

Hi Team ,

I have provided same permission to particular group as suggested . and try to login with user . But not able to see my project with particular user .

If I switched to that user (though my admin account) . I can see the required project as expected . But if i directly login through normal user id (Employee id)   ,No project is coming .Its seems confusion .user Group_permission.JPGPermission_jira.JPG

sanjay_sapra February 8, 2021

JIRA error.JPG

Getting error while trying to connect with user having group external parties.

0 votes
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

Hi @sanjay_sapra 

You can create a group with third party users and restrict access to a specific project by configuring the permission scheme. The browse project permission indicates who has access to it.

I hope it helps you
Greetings

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events