Restoring from Cloud to Server disappear local user directory

Giannis Filis February 18, 2016

When I restore a backup from cloud to JIRA Server, the user directory option in user management disappears.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2016

Try accessing the url and see if the page will open. Have you installed an OD version of JIRA locally ?

Try opening this url in the browser: http://yourserver/plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/directories/list

Giannis Filis February 22, 2016

I was not able to open the url but I got the answer from Atlassian Support. After the restore of a cloud backup to a local server you login as sysadmin/sysadmin and then you have access to user directory. You may also grant this permission to other user as well.

PS: what does the OD version stands for?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

It stands for OnDemand which is JIRA OnDemand version (Cloud)

Giannis Filis February 22, 2016

OK. Thanks for letting me know. The version is JIRA Software (Local installation)

Suggest an answer