Restore clone and duplicates issue in Linking

Ross Dammann January 24, 2018

Hi - I wanted to remove the clone and duplicates issue within JIRA Core Project Managment (Cloud), so users wouldn't use it. So I deleted the options from Issue Linking. However, now I need to restore and add them back. How can I do that?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Go to the same place you removed them from and look for "add".

You have destroyed the old data though, so you won't get any historic links back.

Thanks Nic. I did it in our sandbox, so hopefully its okay. When I go back to 'add' them. 

Clone

is cloned by

Cloned

then 'Add'. it shows up, but when I attempt to clone an issue is states:

The clone link type "Cloners" does not exist. A link to the original issue will not be created.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

You've called the link type "Clone", the clone process is expecting one called "Cloners"

Thanks Nic! It worked. btw, do you know is you can disable (i.e. not show up for the users) all the linked features (e.g. clone, duplicates, etc..) except for 'relates to'? And do they all perform the same function?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2018

They all do the same thing, it's just useful for humans to be able to use different labels when linking issues.  There's no way to stop them choosing any of them when they link.

Ross Dammann January 26, 2018

okay, thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events