Resolution Status

Elif Alverson February 23, 2016

Hello, 

I have two questions about the resolution status.

1- I would like to add a new field for the resolution state called " rca". 

2- How can I make the time spent field required/mandatory on the resolution screen that Issue would not be closed if the owner dont put his timing there?

Thanks much!

Elif

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

Hi,

1. Go to custom fields. Click on Add Custom Field. Select the type of the custom field. Add it to your resolution screen.
  2. On the workflow of the related project, click on the resolution transition. Click on Validators.  Add Validator > Fields Required. Select Time Spent field. 

I think you need JIRA Suite Utilities for Fields Required. You can find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/cloud/overview

Hope that helps.

2- Time Spend is already on the resolution screen. My question is how to make it required/mandatory that the issue cannot be resolved if that field is not filled.

Thank you.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

As I said above, you can use validators to make it required. You should follow these steps: Click on: Workflow of the project > Resolution transition > Validators > Add Validator > Fields Required > Select Time Spent. It ensures that the time spent field is filled before resolving the issue.

You should, however, have the Jira Suite Utilities plugin installed on your JIRA to do so.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

With workflow post function you can make time spent mandatory aswell.

Rahul, can you please provide me the steps to accomplish that? Thanks!

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

You can not make a field required with post functions.:

"Post functions carry out any additional processing required after a transition is executed such as updating an issue field."

You need workflow validator to make a field required.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

@Elifcan Cakmak You are correct. I actually meant validators smile

Rahul

So, please correct me if I am wrong but I need a plug in to accomplish this?

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

Yes you need JIRA Suite Utilities plugin. It's free and easy to use. You can get it from here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/cloud/overview

Thank you! I will try an let you know.

I have downloaded jira-suite-utilities and when I go validators tab, it does not give me any option to add or anything else. 

All I have under the validators is " No input parameters checks will be done before this transition is executed."

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

you are editing the workflow, right? If you are just viewing you can't see add button.

Works great, thank you. I will be working on the first issue shortly.

Elifcan: I have created the new field called RCA . Now it is asking me to associate the field resolution details to screens and my team uses Default Screen along with 30 other teams. I do not want to create a field that will be seen by other teams who use the " Default Screen" and create a confusion. Can you help me if there is a way to limit this change only for my team???

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

If your team is using a different project than other teams, then you can create another screen and screen scheme just for your project. Other than that, I don't know a way that you can limit a field just for a team.

I will work on it! Thank you so much for your time and patience. 

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

You're welcome smile Glad to help.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016
  1. In order to add a new field, create a custom field RCA, and add the field to the resolve issue screens.
  2. You can make a field mandatory by using workflow postfunctions. 

Couple of links for you

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-fields-and-screens-187859099.html 

Rahul

Suggest an answer