Resolution Status

Hello, 

I have two questions about the resolution status.

1- I would like to add a new field for the resolution state called " rca". 

2- How can I make the time spent field required/mandatory on the resolution screen that Issue would not be closed if the owner dont put his timing there?

Thanks much!

Elif

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

1. Go to custom fields. Click on Add Custom Field. Select the type of the custom field. Add it to your resolution screen.
  2. On the workflow of the related project, click on the resolution transition. Click on Validators.  Add Validator > Fields Required. Select Time Spent field. 

I think you need JIRA Suite Utilities for Fields Required. You can find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/cloud/overview

Hope that helps.

2- Time Spend is already on the resolution screen. My question is how to make it required/mandatory that the issue cannot be resolved if that field is not filled.

Thank you.

As I said above, you can use validators to make it required. You should follow these steps: Click on: Workflow of the project > Resolution transition > Validators > Add Validator > Fields Required > Select Time Spent. It ensures that the time spent field is filled before resolving the issue.

You should, however, have the Jira Suite Utilities plugin installed on your JIRA to do so.

With workflow post function you can make time spent mandatory aswell.

Rahul, can you please provide me the steps to accomplish that? Thanks!

You can not make a field required with post functions.:

"Post functions carry out any additional processing required after a transition is executed such as updating an issue field."

You need workflow validator to make a field required.

@Elifcan Cakmak You are correct. I actually meant validators smile

Rahul

So, please correct me if I am wrong but I need a plug in to accomplish this?

Yes you need JIRA Suite Utilities plugin. It's free and easy to use. You can get it from here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/cloud/overview

Thank you! I will try an let you know.

I have downloaded jira-suite-utilities and when I go validators tab, it does not give me any option to add or anything else. 

All I have under the validators is " No input parameters checks will be done before this transition is executed."

you are editing the workflow, right? If you are just viewing you can't see add button.

Works great, thank you. I will be working on the first issue shortly.

Elifcan: I have created the new field called RCA . Now it is asking me to associate the field resolution details to screens and my team uses Default Screen along with 30 other teams. I do not want to create a field that will be seen by other teams who use the " Default Screen" and create a confusion. Can you help me if there is a way to limit this change only for my team???

If your team is using a different project than other teams, then you can create another screen and screen scheme just for your project. Other than that, I don't know a way that you can limit a field just for a team.

I will work on it! Thank you so much for your time and patience. 

You're welcome smile Glad to help.

This widget could not be displayed.
  1. In order to add a new field, create a custom field RCA, and add the field to the resolve issue screens.
  2. You can make a field mandatory by using workflow postfunctions. 

Couple of links for you

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-fields-and-screens-187859099.html 

Rahul

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

130 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you