Reset administrator password Jira 3.7.3

Austin November 1, 2016

I have an old JIRA installation (3.7.3) but I don't have any admin credentials.  I can't find how to reset this in the guide for this version.

How do I find/reset the administrator credentials?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2016

Hi Austin,

Do you have access to the JIRA's db? If the answer is yes you can try the scenarios listed in the documentation. If you don't have db access but you know the username of the admin account and have the JIRA configured to send emails you may use the Forgot password link on the login page.

Regards,

Peter

Austin November 1, 2016

I do have access to the DB, but I don't know the username.

I don't know the username or email this was configured with so I can't use the Forgot Password link.

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2016

Follow scenario A - see which groups have admin permissions, list the users in these groups and see which is your user. 

Austin November 2, 2016

It seems that cwd_membership does not exist, was it called something different back then?

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2016

According to this page it used to be called membershipbase

Suggest an answer