Reset Workflows

Daniel Ursus Ochs August 1, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Administer your site

I would like to reset the workflows or the hole system... cause I made some testchanges and would like to start again.

Best Regards

Daniel

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

You can't alter the default JIRA workflow, so that's not a problem.  As for the others that you can end up with in later versions of JIRA, as Joe says, there is no "reset", but they are all created from hard-coded presets.  When you create a new scrum/kanban/service-desk/business project, the workflow you get for it is fixed and is effectively the "factory setting".  So you could create a new project of the desired type and use the newly created workflow to replace the ones you've changed.

David Nagy July 12, 2019

I actually had the same issue. I created a new Project it used from the start the newly created workflow and not the basic one, that Jira comes with. Any suggestions, why that is, or how to have the basic Workflow displayed in the newly setup Project?

Thank you!

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2016

There is no 'return to factory settings' If you made a backup you can restore from that. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall. I suggest, going forward, never altering any of the default workflows or schemes so they can always be used as a reference. Make copies and work with them. I use that philosophy with all COTS products.

Suggest an answer