Resend Notification-eMails after Permission-Change in Script listener...?

Dieter Guthmann November 7, 2016

Hello there,

I want to implement a Groovy Script via Adaptavists ScriptRunners "Custom Script Listeners"-Funktion.

It should adjust the issues security level if the assignee is changed (or the assignee is entered at issue-creation-time). Basically it's working well, but if I change the assigne to a previously unauthorized user the mail notification to the assignee is missing.

I'm pretty sure about the reason: The assignee is at the assignment-moment not authorized to view the issue, so no notification-mail is sent.

Is it possible to 'resend' in this case the "IssueAssigned"-eMail?

BTW: Is there any kind of "Loop protection" implemented in Script-Runner? If I call IssueManager.updateIssue() which triggers the same event on which my custom script does listen... or which is the best way to avoid a loop?

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

> BTW: Is there any kind of "Loop protection" implemented in Script-Runner? 

No - it's on you. If you update an issue in an Issue Updated listener just don't dispatch an event, or dispatch only if you know what you're doing. And test all paths through your code.

I think I understand what you're saying. You probably want to fire another event in your code that the mail service can get.

Dieter Guthmann November 13, 2016

Hello Jamie,

I think the method generateNotifications() of the Interface com.atlassian.jira.event.listeners.mail.IssueEventMailNotifier would be the right place to re-trigger the notification-email for the event the script was triggered by.

But on which object can I call generateNotifications()?

Suggest an answer